May 16, 2021

Miranda Cosgrove Gets Drivers Permit

Miranda Cosgrove Gets Drivers Permit

“Miranda Cosgrove, who plays the lead role of Carly in Nickelodeon’s smash hit “”iCarly,”" recently tweeted that she got her driver’s permit. Cosgrove, who recently celebrated her 18th birthday in May, was a key star in another Nickelodeon hit, “”Drake & Josh,”" and played the role of Megan Parker who was younger sister to the title characters Drake Parker and Josh Nichols. Cosgrove has done a lot of other television acting, along with acting on film and movies such as “”School of Rock,”" in which she played the character Samantha Hathaway. She has also done voice over work in “”Despicable Me,”" giving voice to the character of Margo.

Miranda Cosgrove’s announcement about getting her driver’s permit happened only one day after her friend and “”iCarly”" cast mate Jennette McCurdy, who plays the role of Samantha “”Sam”" Puckett, received her drivers license. Both of these terrific actress reside in California, and thereby have to follow all California guidelines and laws regarding obtaining and maintaining driver’s licenses and permits.

In the state of California a learner’s permit, also called an instructional permit, can be obtained by anyone over the age of 15 1/2 years old. To acquire a learners permit there are a few requirements that must be met. Any individual wanting to obtain this permit must submit an application which includes a parent’s signature. This signature is mandatory to because it provides documentation that parents assume liability in case of accident. The applicant must submit a thumb print and social security number. They must also pass a traffic laws exam and a vision test. Drivers receiving a learner’s permit must have 50 hours of supervised driving with a licensed adult driver, and 10 of those hours must be done at night.

According to a study of 2,294 young drivers, more than half say that they have at one time or another barely avoided an accident. 70% of teen drivers say that they have narrowly avoided an accident. Nearly 50% say that it has happened on more than one occasion, and 43% admit that it has happened multiple times.

These numbers are eye opening, and considering that each and every year more and more new drivers are taking to the streets, it is essential that new drivers be prepared. According to the same study mentioned above, only a small number of teens admitted to using cell phones, texting, being distracted, or speeding as the likely cause, while the majority of those young drivers blamed weather conditions or other drivers.

Cosgrove admits in a Seventeen magazine interview that her mother was quite happy that she did not get her permit at the same time that her friends did. She says that her mother wanted her to drive, but would still get scared to death each time Miranda drove off with her friends. With these statistics and the number of teen traffic related fatalities each year, one would imagine that her mother is not alone in fearing for the safety of her child on the road.”

Read more:


Miranda Cosgrove Gets Her Drivers Permit

Many Teen Drivers Have “Near Miss” Incidence

Driver’s Permits In California

A Drivers Permit Is The First Step To Getting Your Drivers License

A drivers permit is the first step in driving a car legally. It is also called a learner’s license, as it gives you the legal right to learn how to drive a car. There are some things to know before and after you get your learner’s license. Here are a few things that you can expect.
Drivers Permit


The minimum age is between 14 and 15 in most areas. However, it is important to check with your local DMV for local laws. In most states, you must be 16 to have an official operator’s permit. Some states may require drivers under the age of 18 to have a learner’s license for at least one year before they can receive an operator’s permit.

There are usually restrictions on the hours of the day that young people may operate a motor vehicle. It is often within the daylight hours. The reason for this is to make it easier for them to learn and to avoid accidents. Night driving takes more skill than daytime driving.

Young drivers that are learning will never be allowed to drive alone in a vehicle. There must always be an adult that has an operator’s permit, seated next to them in the front of the vehicle. This is for everyone’s safety.

Alcohol Awareness

Many areas now require young people to take an approved course in alcohol and drug awareness. They are usually DATA or TLSAE courses. This stands for drugs, alcohol, and traffic awareness for DATA. It stands for traffic law substance abuse education for TLSAE. This law is passed in reaction to increased awareness of the severity of DUI offenses.
These courses may be easily taken over the Internet. The courses cover the way that alcohol affects the way that people drive. It teaches what the laws and penalties are for DUI offenses. The course also covers safe driving strategies and techniques.

These classes are not difficult and the students may take them at any time. They can start the course and finish it at a later time. It does not all have to be taken at once. They can keep taking the test until they pass it. The course is not free and may cost as much as $30.

Written Test

In some states, students will not be allowed to take a written test until they pass an approved alcohol awareness course. You may be able to take the written test online, to get your learner’s license. However, many states now require you to go to the DMV to take the test. Of course, you will still need to go to the DMV for your permit, as they have to take your picture.

All of the information for your written test will be in your state driver handbook. You can get one at your DMV or download one online. You may also find several places online that you can study. You can even take example tests and keep taking them until you pass them.


The first step to driving legally is getting your drivers permit or learner’s license. Check with your local DMV for age limits and restrictions as they vary by state. You may need to pass a qualified alcohol and drug awareness course before you can take your written exam. Once you pass your written test, you can star learning. Make sure that you follow all of the rules of the road.

Additional information at: